[Presentation] How Airlines Can Drive Revenues from the Connected Traveller #ARC14SIN
Last week, we were invited to deliver a presentation at the Airline Retail Conference (ARC), Asia-Pacific 2014, held in Singapore. The focus of the presentation was on driving revenues from the Connected Traveller — I spoke about the emergence of the Connected Traveller; key trends regarding the modern traveller behaviour that airlines need to note; and 5 ways airlines can sell tickets and ancillaries to the social-savvy traveller. [push h=”14″]
Here are 5 key things I highlighted during the presentation:
- The Connected Traveller is a deal-seeker and multi-screen shopper.
- Social media, if used smartly can be used to drive revenues. (See case-studies in the presentation.)
- As ancillaries become increasingly important, airlines have huge opportunities to drive sales. e.g. through smart auctions
- Poor mobile experiences have the potential to hurt future revenues.
- Video marketing is set to boom over the next few years.