About the Reports
As airlines equip themselves with the tools and know-how to conquer the Digital Marketing revolution, we are witnessing increasingly innovative campaigns from airlines around the world to engage their customers and drive results from social media. More ostensibly, we are witnesses to an ever-more competitive arena where brand-conscious airlines are utlizing the power of digital media to build unique brands and develop strong online customer engagement initiatives.
In such a fast-moving environment, it is important not just to be creative and innovative yourself but to be more striking than your immediate competition as well. However, given the speed at which things move in digital media, it is no easy task to stay on top of the latest trends, fads and innovations. But fear not, with the launch of our Airline Marketing Benchmark Reports, help is finally at hand!
Jointly produced by SimpliFlying and airlinetrends.com, the monthly airline marketing benchmark report contains a selection of the 15 most innovative marketing and advertising campaigns launched by airlines around the world and assesses their impact.
The Airline Marketing Benchmarking Reports have proven to be an effective resource for monitoring airline advertising and social media campaign trends. Airlines that consistently seek to differentiate, innovate and find new ways to connect with passengers will find these reports to be an invaluable tool for creative inspiration and benchmarking.
- Dan Neville, Regional Director, Airline Marketing, Boeing
“LAN Airlines has found these benchmarking reports very insightful when it comes to staying abreast of the latest marketing innovations. We have been able to use these case studies in our strategy meetings, to ensure we stay ahead of competition as the leading airline in Latin America”
- Emiliano Homps Borrajo, Director, International Marketing, LATAM Airlines Group
“SimpliFlying’s monthly benchmark reports are a great resource for Turkish Airline’s marketing strategy. In today’s world, where the flow of information is constant and overwhelming, these reports are designed to serve the most relevant and inspirational case-studies from the global airline sector. They fulfil our needs very well.”
- Neset Dereli, Turkish Airlines Interactive Marketing Manager
Features and Pricing
These reports are indispensable for marketing and communication professionals working at airlines and creative agencies who want to stay on top of the latest trends and best practices in airline marketing.
- USD 4950 per year | Annual subscription - Get 12 issues, starting from the month of order.
- USD 495 per month | Monthly subscription - Same as above, but charged monthly.
- USD 550 per report | Single monthly issue – For a one-time purchase.
You can download a sample report here.
Get Latest Report
The May Issue features 15 great campaigns from airlines such as British Airways, KLM, Lufthansa, and more! There are five categories of campaigns in the report, which begins with Campaign of the Month showcasing a number of “cool tech” initiatives from airlines such as Alaska Airlines and British Airways which are harnessing the power of technology in winning ways! Further, we feature a number of great gamification campaigns such as Singapore Airlines’ “Like to Unlock” and Air Canada’s “Earn your Wings”. Meanwhile, Finnair is back with the third edition of Quality Hunters while Air New Zealand has crowdsourced the best ideas on how to reduce jet-lag with #NoLagtoLondon.
- KLM “Claim your Place in Space”
- British Airways “It’s a Jumbo Job”
- Jetstar “Take on the World”
- Lufthansa “Pop-up Art Gallery” at Stockholm
- Panasonic “Tweetathon”
The April Issue features 15 great campaigns from airlines such as All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, and more! There are five categories of campaigns in the report, which begins with Campaign of the Month showcasing a number of great initiatives from American Airlines which is taking its new brand very seriously! Further, we feature a number of great campaigns from airlines such as British Airways which went retro with the “Highest 80s Gig in the Sky” along with Southwest’s community engagement project “Adopt a Pilot”. JetBlue went cool with its demo of what Google Glass could accomplish for future travelers, even as Virgin Atlantic hit the streets of Boston to add a splash of the Virgin colour to the city folks.
- American Airlines at SXSW
- Southwest ‘Adopt a Pilot’
- British Airways ‘Highest 80s Gig in the Sky’
- AirAsia ‘The Apprentice Asia’
- All Nippon Airways ‘Let’s do Japan’
The March issue features 15 great campaigns from airlines such as Emirates, Virgin Atlantic, and more! There are five categories of campaigns in the report, which begins with Theme of the Month: Valentine’s Day featuring a number of great campaigns from airlines such as Jetstar, Scoot and JetBlue. Other great initiatives are included such as Qantas’ “Sand Plane”, Emirates’ “Share a Smile” and Lufthansa India’s “Star Chef Contest”. Transavia – a low-cost subsidiary of AirFrance-KLM, meanwhile, delighted passengers with their ticket-giveaways and drove a lot of buzz while doing so!
- TAP ‘Love is in the Air’
- Virgin Atlantic ‘Sky High Glam Squad’
- Air New Zealand ‘The Bear Essentials of Safety’
- Delta ‘Power Up Lounge’ at TED 2013
- Etihad ‘The world is our home, you are our guest’
The February issue features 15 great campaigns from airlines such as British Airways, KLM, Air France and more! There are five categories of campaigns in the report, which begins with Theme of the Month: Airline Rebrands featuring American Airlines’ keenly-observed, elaborate make-over and Air France’s launch of its low-cost carrier “Hop”. Other great initiatives are included such as Air New Zealand’s Valentine’s Day take on Blind Dates. LAN Airlines and British Airways, meanwhile, delighted passengers with their ticket-giveaways and drove a lot of buzz while doing so!
- American Airlines’ Rebranding
- Air New Zealand “Blind Gate”
- Delta Air Lines “Wanderland”
- British Airways Travel Book Barcodes
- TAP Portugal’s New Safety Video & more!
The January issue features 15 great campaigns from airlines such as Lufthansa, Virgin Atlantic, United Airlines and more! There are five categories of campaigns in the report, which begins with Campaigns of the Month featuring special holiday season initiatives such as Southwest Airlines’ 12 Days of Luv to Delta’s Wanderland to surprise gifts, surprise flash mobs and surprise Christmas tours by various airlines including KLM, Brussels Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
- Virgin Atlantic “Flying in the Face of the Ordinary”
- British Airways Windows 8 Inspiration App
- Delta Air Lines “Wanderland”
- American Airlines “United States of Adventure”
- AirMalta “MyMaltaStory” & more!
The December issue features 15 great campaigns from airlines such as JAL, Cathay Pacific, Air New Zealand, Southwest Airlines, Lufthansa and more!
- JetBlue “Getaway with it”
- Air New Zealand “An Unexpected Journey”
- Air France “Music in the Sky”
- Lufthansa “Anywake App”
- Southwest “Business Travel Challenge” & more!
The November issue features 15 great campaigns from airlines such as Virgin Atlantic, KLM, Air New Zealand, Southwest Airlines, Lufthansa and more!
- KLM “Flynt”
- Royal Brunei Airlines “Redefined Service”
- Monarch Airlines “Augmented Reality”
- Norwegian “Rain Meter”
- Virgin Atlantic “Conversations in a Cloud” & more!
The October issue features 15 great campaigns from airlines such as Air New Zealand, ANA and more!
- Virgin America “#myVXexperience”
- Lufthansa “Future of Hand Luggage”
- Wideroe “Grandpa’s Magic Trick”
- American Airlines “Behind the Scenes”
- Virgin Atlantic “Air-Prentice” & more!
The September issue features 15 great campaigns from airlines such as JetBlue, American Airlines and more!
- Qantas “You’re the reason we fly”
- Brussels Airlines’ Tomorrowland Campaigns
- BalticMiles “Brainstorm” – World’s First Socially Crowdsourced Loyalty Tier
- Qatar Airways “Tweet-a-Meet”
- Vueling AirGallery & more!
Queries and Sample Report
Click here if you have any questions about the report.
You can also contact Shubhodeep Pal directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for queries regarding the reports.
A free sample report is available here.