Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes;
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling;
- Make a complaint to a supervisory authority
- Contact details, such as your full name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number;
- Professional information, such as your job title and company;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content submitted;
- Interests and communication preferences including marketing permissions where appropriate;
- Location information.
How and why personal information is used
PRODUCTS AND SERVICESAs part of a report download, form submission and request for information, we collect information such as your name, country, job title, company information. If your personal information is relevant to certain services and is freely available through public sources, such as on a website related to your work or profession, we may use this personal information for providing customers with our products, as is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation.
MARKETINGWe will use your personal information to send you newsletters, offers or other marketing emails that keep you up to date with news, events, products and research opportunities, from us and other companies that may be of interest. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us and the laws of the country where you live, you may have actively given us your consent for this, by opting in, or we may be entitled to rely on your implied consent or our legitimate interests. The opportunity to opt out of future marketing emails will always be provided, and information on how to do this given when your personal information is collected and on every marketing email sent.
CUSTOMER AND PROSPECTS MANAGEMENTWe may use your personal information, combined with publicly available data and demographic data to maintain our customer database and carry out internal analysis of the usage of our products and services. This is done to improve those services, develop new products and predict future customer behavior, as part of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation. This may include automated profiling and campaign management techniques.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONAs an international business and because of the technologies we use, personal information may be accessed by our colleagues and third-party service providers from locations outside of the European Economic Area, whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as those in Europe. We apply appropriate protection to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this Policy.
Who we share personal information withAs an international company, to provide you with services and products we may share your information for specific reasons. This section explains how and why we share personal data with our suppliers, other third parties and other organisations.
Sharing with Service ProvidersWe may share your personal information with the following types of third parties, to assist us in providing products and services to you:
- Email marketing providers
- Customer service providers
- Event collaboration partners