Love airlines just as much as branding and social media? Would you like to write a guest post for SimpliFlying?
Do you consider yourself part of the rare species of humans who love planes? And Branding? And Social Media? Have you ever dreamed of becoming rich and famous? As CrankyFlier famously put it, “if you’re willing to settle for a very tiny (and I mean tiny) slice of fame and absolutely no fortune (trust me), I’ve got an offer for you.” How would you like to write a guest post for SimpliFlying?
Things have been getting pretty busy lately here at SimpliFlying, with a number of consulting projects as well as a slew of speaking engagements lined up around the world for the next few months. Which means there have been weeks when I haven’t been able to share my ideas at least thrice a week, something I’ve done consistently ever since this blog started in Feb 2008.
Now that I’ve been interacting with a number of you through comments, emails and on Twitter, I thought, why not open up SimpliFlying to occassional guest posts from you, the readers?
If you’re interested, here are the details. Note that not every post submitted will go live.
- All guest posts must be original pieces written for SimpliFlying
- Posts can be about anything related to airlines or airports, preferably something of interest to customers and from a marketing, branding or social media perspective.
- Posts can not be more than 700 words.
- I’d encourage you to post a portion of the post on your blog, but ask that you not republish the post in full
- Posts must be non-promotional (you cannot write about your own or friends’ projects)
- Guest posts are unpaid
- You can include images as long as they are original, or are in the public domain and properly attributed. They must be in JPG, GIF, or PNG format and you have to send them as an attachment with your post.
- Your post must be submitted by Friday, May 14
- Send your post to guestpost [at] simpliflying [dot] com with the subject containing the words “Guest Post.”
- You’re welcome to include a 140 chars bio about yourself to end the post. And this can include a link back to your site/Twitter page.
- All rights to the post will be owned by SimpliFlying
- Minor grammatical and spelling changes may be made without notification, but you’ll be informed about any major editorial changes.
Sound like fun? Well, then get cranking, or tell a friend about it. Be bold. Be unconventional. Be yourself. Happy writing!
Oh, and if you’re looking for inspiration, here are some of the most popular articles on SimpliFlying:
- So you work for an airline? Here are Eleven steps to lead the social media branding initiative, and become a rockstar!
- Singapore Airlines A380 Suites – A Class Beyond First or a First Class Branding Debacle?
- Three ways airlines can brand themselves out of the recession
- What can airlines learn from the Obama marketing machine?
- Why Indians need to get over Air India and recognize Emirates as the national carrier
Keep Flying, SimpliFlying,