Episode 5 of SimpliFlying Podcasts: Interview with Vueling’s CEO Alex Cruz and Industry Updates
“We live in an extremely dynamic environment… None of us on this [podcast] and potentially anyone listening knew what the hell Pinterest was a year ago”
With these words Vueling’s CEO, Alex Cruz, responded to a question on the Spanish airline’s future social marketing strategy during this month’s Simplifying Podcast that featured him as a guest.
In keeping with our usual format, the podcast is composed of a 10 min introductory section where we take a look at the latest trends in aviation followed by a 25 min interview with our guest, Vueling’s CEO Alex Cruz.
In today’s introductory section we review the importance of response times in social media and the ongoing debate over in-flight Wi-Fi and its different business model. During the interview with Alex we analyzed the following subjects:
- Critical factors behind Vueling’s success (11:30)
- Spanish market : The collapse of Spanair, high speed railways and Iberia’s new low cost subsidiary (13:40)
- Vueling’s Spanglish advertising and its cloud (22:00)
- Strategy: Hybrid, but only if cost leader (24:42)
- Vueling’s marketing channels (26:50)
- Alex Cruz’s view on social media (28:40)
- Social media ROI for Vueling (29:50)
- Rapid fire round (35:00)
You can get the SimpliFlying Podcasts via iTunes as well.
(After you fill out the short form below, you will be taken to the podcast. If you wish to download it, please right-click on the player and chooose Save As/Save Link As)