51% of airports stated that they would be increasing their social media budget for 2014, compared to a year ago when only 38% were confident of increasing their budget.
Airport Social Media Outlook 2013/ 2014
Over this year, there has been a rising number of social media initiatives from airports. While that is good empirical evidence of airports’ keenness to invest in social media, SimpliFlying’s annual research survey, Airport Social Media Outlook, delves more deeply into the allocation of resources and the functioning of airport social teams themselves, by asking questions such as:
- What is the kind of budgets allocated to social media?
- How many staff is being dedicated?
- What is holding back airports from becoming better on social media?
To study these parameters and gain a deeper understanding of airport investments in social media, SimpliFlying surveyed nearly 50 of the best airports on social media, for its annual Airport Social Media Outlook 2013/ 2014.
Compared to last year’s numbers, there is a significant upward trend with the prospects of a more aggressive social media strategy from airports for 2014.
Infographic & Key Insights
The infographic below lists several key findings about how airports allocate resources to social media and their outlook for 2014. From these, SimpliFlying’s subject-matter experts have provided a few recommendations, based on latest trends around the key aspects of resource allocation.
The full report with detailed analysis will be available as a special feature in the upcoming January issue of SimpliFlying Airport Marketing Benchmark Report.
For the press release, please click here.
<Click on image for expanded view>
Latest posts by SimpliFlying (see all)
- [Event] Leading Travel Brands Discuss Social Strategy in New York. Have you booked your place? #SimpliSkift - March 22, 2014
- The move towards #crowdsourcing initiatives by airlines and airports – What do you think about it? - March 20, 2014
- Singapore Airlines A380 Emergency Landing in Baku: Analyzing user behavior on social media, and how to deal with a crisis - January 9, 2014