Finalists announced from almost 50 nominations!
After 2 weeks and close to 50 excellent nominations, we are extremely excited to unveil the finalists for the following categories.
- Best Airline on Social Media
- Best Airport on Social Media
- Best Emerging Airline/ Airport on Social Media
In fact, the nominations submitted were of such high quality, we are shortlisting 8 finalists for the category of Best Airline on Social Media! The list of finalists for the above three categories can be viewed in the polls found at the end of this announcement.
Please note that ‘Best Social Media Solution Provider for Travel’ is not open for voting and will be solely scored by the judging panel. The final nominees will be announced next week.
- Voting (at bottom of this announcement) is open from now till Oct 6. Voting will make up 50% of the final score. Note that votes will not be counted in their absolute numbers but as percentages of the online fan-base to level the playing field (with the exception of the Emerging category, where absolute votes will be counted).
- Finalists are also required to submit a presentation pitch, between now and Sep 29. The judges will be scoring the presentation pitch and conducting a 30-minute interview with each finalist (if required) between Sep 30 and Oct 4. This will make up 50% of the final score. Please send your pitches to email@example.com.
- Please note that in cases where there is a huge discrepancy between votes and judges’ scores, the judges have the power to overturn the mandate of the votes.
- The final Top 3 from each category will be announced about one month before the awards ceremony.
- The overall top winner for each category will be invited to present their initiative at the awards ceremony to be held at the EyeforTravel Summit in Amsterdam on Oct 24, 2013