Why an innovation lab?
When we hosted the SimpliFlying Awards 2014 in New York City, something struck me. We saw the Dutch interacting with the Saudis. The Americans sharing their learnings with the Emiratis. The Irish impressing everyone with their experiments. These were actually airlines as far apart as Southwest and Etihad, KLM and FlyNas — all put in the same room, who constantly sought to learn from one another on the best practices in marketing and social media.
So, it wasn’t a surprise when during our feedback sessions we asked the awards finalists, “What do you value the most at SimpliFlying Awards (other than the trophy)” — the answer was “peer to peer learning”. So, this year, we decided to expand the Awards from an afternoon of inspiration, to a full day of intense learning. Hence, the idea of the SimpliFlying Lab was born.
World’s first Airline Marketing Innovation Lab
Being held at the Bellagio Las Vegas on Oct 20, 2015, attendees of the Lab will join fifty of the world’s best airline marketers in a day of intense peer-to-peer learning sessions, with hands-on exercises and walk away with a vision for airline marketing in 2020. At the same time, they will be inspired by SimpliFlying Awards 2015 winners, since we’re combining the awards together with the lab.
To facilitate peer to peer learning, we have created roundtables on four topics most pertinent to the future — brand engagement, innovative touch points, real-time customer service and analytics.
Peer-to-Peer learning, on Steroids
- Have passionate discussions with 50 of your most respected counterparts from 25-30 of the best airlines in the world on social media
- Address the most pressing challenges facing the industry today
- Lots of hands on exercises, and frank sharing sessions about overcoming challenges
- Arrive at an industry-first manifesto on what makes airline marketing different and how we can excel
Deep-dive into the most pressing issues
- Discuss ways to integrate customer service with operations
- Brainstorm digital touchpoint innovation, with the advent of in-flight connectivity
- Rediscover brand marketing – route launches, product marketing and more
- Improve performance measurement and metrics
Airline Marketing Manifesto 2020
- Together, we recognise how airline marketing has evolved
- Identify the key airline marketing truths going forward into 2020
- Agree on how airlines can succeed in the age of connected traveller