Southwest Airlines’ success secrets on social media revealed by Paula Berg
When it comes to social media branding, Southwest Airlines has been the trendsetter for quite some time, and is looked upon by competition and even other industries. From their very successful blog, “Nuts about Southwest” to its over 700,000 followers on Twitter – they’ve got their act together. And behind these efforts is a very hardworking team led by Paula Berg. I had the pleasure of meeting Paula at the Inbound Marketing Summit in Boston, where she delivered a keynote on Southwest’s social media branding strategy and I led a session for airlines/airports in social media.
What makes Southwest Airlines so successful on social media?
Watch the interview with Paula (6:03 mins) to hear her explain:
- Why social media is a perfect fit for Southwest Airlines (1:22)
- How they dealt with the setbacks well (2:25)
- What’s next for Southwest Airlines on social media (3:09)
- How a passionate base of employees will be served (3:55)
- Dealing with negative tweets and blog comments (4:09)
- The next exciting thing Southwest is doing (5:00)
- How to tame the social media beast (5:30)
So, what do you think about Southwest Airlines’ efforts on social media? Isn’t it refreshing to learn about such a visionary team in gloomy times? How can others replicate Paula’s success? Let’s discuss in the comments or over on Twitter (@simpliflying)