Episode 3 of SimpliFlying Podcasts: Industry news roundup and exclusive interview with KLM’s VP for eCommerce
The third episode of SimpliFlying Podcasts features KLM’s Vice President for e-commerce Martijn Van Der Zee who explains the secrets behind the airline’s constantly innovative social media strategy and their latest, potentially game-changing KLM meet and seat social-seating initiative.
The interview is preceded, as usual, by a free industry insights section where SimpliFlying’s CEO Shashank Nigam and Community Engagement Manager Marco Serusi discuss the latest industry news, focusing on the Singapore air show and the marked shift in power from Europe to Asia.
You can listen to the free version below (industry insights) or subscribe to it on our iTunes channel:
Interview with KLM’s VP of eCommerce (Premium podcast only)
While the industry insights section of our podcast is free to listen to and download, you can purchase our extended premium podcast for only $19 if you wish to listen to both the insights and interview section.
Here are some highlights from our interview with KLM:
- How the idea of the “meet and seat” was conceived and the role of crowdsourcing in the process (11:30)
- How one slide in a presentation started the viral buzz that anticipated the launch of the campaign (12:20)
- How the social media team at KLM works (13:30)
- How KLM assesses ROI on social media (14:25)
- Privacy concerns on the Meet and Seat campaign (16:45)
- The demographics of the Meet and Seat users (19:05)
- Why KLM thinks social media marketing matters (21:30)
Purchase the premium podcast below:
(Clicking on the link above will take you to Paypal where you can securely make your one-time purchase of $19. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you face any difficulties in making the purchase.)