[Podcasts] SimpliExclusive Interview with Dermot Mannion, Deputy Chairman of Royal Brunei Airlines
Today, we’re releasing the 6th episode of the SimpliFlying Podcasts. It features Dermot Mannion, Deputy Chairman at Royal Brunei Airlines (RBA) in a candid conversation with Shashank Nigam, CEO of SimpliFlying and Elizabeth Cecconi, Community Engagement Executive for Airports.
We start by reviewing some of the latest developments RBA and across Asia Pacific, with our usual focus on how airlines can drive business goals by engaging the connected traveler. In this podcast you can expect to hear some thought-provoking insights on:
- “Airlines in the middle” as drivers of innovation (01:00)
- Social loyalty (04:00)
- Importance of touch points (07:00)
- How Royal Brunei Airlines is punching above its weight in Asia (14:00)
- The arrival of the 787 and competition on the kangaroo route (16:00)
- ASEAN open skies and its implications (17:50)
- Crisis Management via Social Media (21:00)
- And we round off with an interesting discussion on the “Dare to Care Approach” (24:30)
You can subscribe to the SimpliFlying Podcasts on iTunes as well.
Errata: About 15 minutes into the podcast, we highlight that RBA is the first airline in ‘Asia-Pacific’ to receive the B787. This is incorrect, as they will be the third. They are, however, the first to receive the B787 in ‘South-East Asia’. The inaccuracy is regretted.