SimpliFlying leads first European Airports in Social Media Conference, hosted by Warsaw Chopin International Airport
In view of the growing importance of social media platforms as tools for communication between airports and passengers, we want to take this opportunity to discuss, with other experts, the latest trends in this area, look into different social media management models and best practices and share experiences.
The conference will be divided into two parts. The first day will be devoted to presentations by experts from SimpliFlying and Solterbeck.net, as well as practitioners from Heathrow, Warsaw and Gdańsk airports. These will be followed by the MasterClass on the practical aspects of airport social media management on the second day of the conference. The course will be run by Simpliflying (available for a discounted fee of EUR495 if you register online).
The conference will be held in Warsaw on 12-13 September 2012 (Courtyard by Marriott Warsaw Airport hotel). You can register online, by clicking below.
Here’s a video of a previous SimpliFlying MasterClass in action:
Day 1 – 12 September (free of charge for all attendees. Register here.)
10:15-10:45 David McMullen, SimpliFlying: “’State of Industry Report Update – Airport Marketing & the Social Media Outlook 2013”
10:45-11:15 Sven Solterbeck, Solterbeck.net: “Airports on Twitter in numbers. What can we learn?”
11:15-11:45 Marc Ellams, Heathrow Airport: “How to grow community on Facebook and Twitter”
11:45-12:15 Coffee break
12:15-12:45 Przemysław Przybylski, Sylwester Puczen, Warsaw Chopin Airport: “Listening and answering – how to engage your social media community”
12:45-13:15 Łukasz Matusik, Marta Szadowiak, Gdańsk Airport: “DIY or outsource – social media at a regional airport”
13:15-14:00 Panel discussion
14:00 – Lunch
15:00-17:00 Tour of Chopin Airport (Note: if interested, please send a scanned copy of your passport prior to your arrival in Warsaw to: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain a pass to the airport security restricted area).
Day 2 – 13 September (for registered MasterClass attendees only)
10:05 – 12:30 Session 1. Airports in Social Media
- The Connected Traveller and his impact on airport marketing – 10 case studies
- Top 10 airports on social media – case studies
- The importance of location-based tools for airports – Top 10 case studies
- The new travel lifecycle, and how airports can leverage it
12:30-12:45 Coffee break
12:45-14:15 Session 2: Deep Dive
- How airlines and airports dedicate resources to social media
- Hands-on exercises – Learning how to use five free advance social media analysis tools
14:15-14:45 Coffee break
14:45-16:00 Session 3. Group Exercises and presentations
7. Attendees divided into three groups, each group crafting an independent strategy for:
- Case Study #1: Asiana Airlines Crash in SFO – Social Media response
- Case Study #2: Nairobi Airport Fire Crisis Management Analysis
- Case Study #3: LOT Polish, 767 belly-landing at WAW
8. Presentations of proposals from group exercises
You can download the detailed brochure for the Inaugural Airports in Social Media Conference 2013. If there are any questions, please feel free to reach out to David McMullen, at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting airport spokespersons, social media professionals and airport marketing experts in Warsaw.