Airlines have taken to social media like a fish takes to water. Well, almost. Over the last few months we’ve shared with you over 60 case-studies that have revealed how airlines have used the predominant platforms of customer engagement. And you must be aware of stellar campaigns like Air New Zealand’s viral videos, AirAsia’s route launches and Delta’s Social media lab.
To honor the cream of the crop, the Annual SimpliFlying Awards in Social Media Excellence are back for a 2nd year. Last year, we received over 141 nominations and 12,000 votes in just a week! This year, not only have we added new categories for honoring Best Airports in Social Media, we have partnered with Hotel Marketing Strategies blog to launch a Hotels category too! The awards will be held in Amsterdam on Oct 10, 2011 at the EyeforTravel Online Marketing and Social Media Summit.
Important dates and awards process
- 18 Aug: Announcement of awards, and nominations open on SimpliFlying.com and Hotel Marketing Strategies
- 26 Aug – Nominations close
- 29 Aug – Top 5 Finalists announced for each category and voting starts
- 15 Sept – Voting closes, Top 3 winners announced
- 10 Oct – Top 3 winners from voting route deliver elevator pitches in Amsterdam to a panel of judges. Winners announced + award ceremony
Nominate the best airlines, airports and hotels now!
We are inviting everyone involved in social media strategies at airlines, airports and hotels to submit their entries in these categories:
- Airlines – Best use of social media to drive revenue
- Airlines – Best use of social media in customer service/crisis management
- Best Airline in Social Media
- Best Airport in Social Media
- Best Hotel in Social Media
Please use the form below for nomination. The last date of submission of entries is Aug 26, 2011. After which we will shortlist Top 5 nominees and public voting on SimpliFlying.com and Hotel Marketing Strategies blog will form part of the decision process to determine the winners, who will be announced on Oct 10, in Amsterdam.
All the best!
Update: Nominations are now closed. Please check back soon for the announcement of the finalists.
Latest posts by Shashank Nigam (see all)
- Want your new route to make headlines? Bring Richard Branson on-board, like AirAsia X did in Perth! - May 14, 2013
- Influencer marketing comes of age in aviation – American Airlines Klout and Eindhoven Airport Facebook VIP in focus - May 9, 2013
- What does SimpliFlying stand for? Thinking Differently about aviation marketing (and lessons from Simon Sinek) - May 1, 2013