Videos are perfect for attracting and emotionally involving customers as you’ll see from this case-pack we’ve prepared. Some of these are specially created ad/social media campaigns while a few are impromptu videos taken of happenings in the air. All of them have one thing in common: they’re hugely engaging.
While it is difficult to predict how or why a particular video gains popularity over others, there are certain commonalities in all the videos included in this case-pack. So, if you’re an airline looking to create a video that engages customers, you might want to keep the following pointers in mind:
- Keep the video short. Attention spans, as well as time, are limited.
- Be innovative and disruptive. Guerrilla marketing campaigns often get a lot of eyeballs. eg. the magician act by KLM to promote the Economy Comfort product.
- Say something that passengers care about or relate to. eg. Air New Zealand offering transparent fares
- Being funny or entertaining is always a plus since it provides repeat watch value. eg.the rapping flight attendant on Southwest
- Emotionally appealing to customers is another way of gaining attention. eg. American Airlines thanking servicemen.
So without further ado, here’s our case-pack of the Top 10 Viral Videos by Airlines. And since there obviously have been many more than just 10 great videos by airlines, we’ve included 5 bonus videos (that almost made our Top 10) for your viewing pleasure.
You can also view our previous Top 10 case-packs here.
What did you think of this case-pack? Did we make the perfect Top 10 list? Left out some deserving candidate? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @simpliflying.
Latest posts by Shubhodeep Pal (see all)
- Which were the best airline marketing campaigns in October 2014? Find out in our Airline Marketing Benchmark Report - November 18, 2014
- What is the Future of Airline Loyalty in the Age of the Connected Traveller? Five questions to wake airlines up - October 30, 2014
- Which were the best airport marketing campaigns from the third quarter of 2014? Find out in our Airport Marketing Benchmark Report - October 27, 2014