[eBook] Crisis Management for Airports and Airlines, in the age of the Connected Traveler
Note: This eBook has since been updated in 2015. Download the latest “Starter Guide: Airline Crisis Communications” here.
What all crises share in common: they catch brands unaware
It’s often said that an airline or airport can never be fully prepared to deal with a crisis. When SimpliFlying advises its clients, we advocate for learning from others and being mentally prepared to ascertain similar crises – especially in this age of social media where information and opinion spread more rapidly than ever before, for better or for worse. [push h=”14″]
14 Case Studies of airline and airport crises, with SimpliFlying’s Expert Recommendations
To help airlines and airports recognize the risks and opportunities offered by the new playing field, SimpliFlying is publishing “Crisis Management, in the age of the Connected Traveler“. This ebook takes a look at five different types of real-world crises, namely 1) Accidents and Incidents 2) Terrorism and Sabotages 3) Natural Disasters 4) IT Failures and 5) PR Disasters. [push h=”14″]
Throughout the 14 case studies presented in this e-book, we take a look at how the public reacts to each situation, what is to be expected, followed by recommendations on how such situations should be handled. Case studies include: [push h=”14”]
- Qantas ‘Flight 32’
- Warsaw Airport ‘LOT flight 16’
- Vueling ‘Flight 8366’ 2010
- European Ash-Cloud
- Akron-Canton Airport Flooding
- Virgin America ‘A troublesome switch’
- Delta ‘Military Luggage’ [push h=”14″]
‘Crisis Management, in the age of the Connected Traveler” will be a very useful resource for airline and airport executives on the know-how for dealing with crises. We hope you enjoy the eBook! Click any of the images below to download. [push h=”14″]
- For more information, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
- Download Starter Guide: Airline Crisis Communications – A brief overview of 5 types of airlines crises concerning social media, including case studies.
- Preview Crisis Communications Quarterly Report – An in-depth report of the 15 most important airline crises and disruptions from the latest quarter, assessing how they were handled, and how they could have been handled better.