This is a guest post written by Anthony Murray, the CEO and Co-Founder of Levarti and one of the finalists of the SimpliFlying Launchpad.
Our industry has always been a complex one. We know that the smallest detail can determine the operation’s success or failure, but we’re good at it. On-Time Performance, Disruption Management, Communication, Customer experience, Baggage management.
Protocols and processes all impact the operational success.
This year, in a matter of weeks, everything stopped abruptly. Very few saw this pandemic coming. Let’s take a minute to reflect on that.
Expecting the unexpected in 2020
In what scenario did anyone prepare for a near cessation of global aviation and travel? Yes, we knew a part of the travel industry could shut down. We already had protocols for volcanos, tsunamis, terrorist attacks, but everything stopping at the same time? Never a thought!
2020 feels like that moment in a video game when you think you are winning and suddenly 30 extra Aliens you’re fighting come at you. And you are like, “What, I thought I had this.”
Like every industry, we are forced to adapt, evolve, improve and move forward. It’s the only thing we as a human race can do.
In no other scenario did we ever have to evaluate, check, and review every point of the industry and every facet of your operation. There are too many things to consider, and each airline’s survival depends on being ready to move fast, adapt, and rise to the challenge.
Some of the upcoming changes will be both government and industry imposed, and there are likely to be many grey areas between countries. Comply, or you may not be able to operate. Many airlines will be left behind. Scary right?
Yes. But let’s look at the coming transformation from a different point of view.
Rethinking the digital transformation in aviation
Every airline has the opportunity to spring clean and reevaluate their operation from start to finish. Wait, let’s say that one more time with emphasis.
Every airline has the opportunity to spring clean their entire operation from start to finish, review every touchpoint, challenge processes, review inefficient systems, and see how they can be improved or, in many cases, removed.
- What happens when fixed infrastructure, like check-in counters, cannot support the required social distancing needs?
- What if you could reduce the airport footprint and devise a new processing method to their flight?
- What if you could provide a near 100% contactless operation to improve passenger and staff safety?
Modifying or bolting on yet another band-aid on outdated technology doesn’t cut it anymore—it’s now time to optimize and create a smarter, more efficient operation that not only meets your operational needs but also delivers on the new reality of safer passenger journey.
Innovating for a better future
The time is now to break free from costly fixed infrastructure, mobilize your workforce, improve staff productivity, enhance the passenger experience and lose the legacy paper trail. Seize this moment to go 100% digital.
From the very beginning, Levarti’s vision and strategy were to create a digital and mobile platform to transform your operation at every passenger and operational touchpoint. We created technology to reshape your airline and make it the best it could be.
For us, it’s always been about putting information in the hands of your staff to enable Smarter, Faster and more informed decisions from literally anywhere in your operation.
Communicate more effectively with passengers and elevate their overall experience from start to finish. All made possible from our suite of applications that are easy to implement and adapt to any operational or customer service need.
So, if your 2020 started off with a kick in the pants, it’s time for a fresh restart. Let’s start by removing legacy processes and systems that offer limited to no value. Then look at how your operation can become quicker, smarter, more flexible and digital.
We would like you to meet MAX! MAX is a digital operation platform offering multiple benefits:
- Digital boarding passes and receipts
- Contactless fast payments
- Contactless boarding
- Digital handoff from Airport Staff to Cabin Crew
- Paperless ramp operation with integrated BRS
- Intelligent disruption management toolkit with passenger self-service portal delivering the power to the passenger
Smarter operations from start to finish
We‘ve always believed the next significant improvement in airline operations must involve smart, digital and mobile technology to deliver the necessary information and systems from any location. Mobility delivers real flexibility, cost improvements, and the many customer service benefits every airline needs.
In the new operational world there are so many scenarios MAX manages more efficiently:
- What happens after the bags are checked, and the passenger fails a subsequent health check? How long will it take to offload their bags? With MAX checked bags can be quickly located and offloaded.
- Travel requirements for both the airline or government are constantly changing so airlines need the ability to communicate rapidly with passengers? MAX delivers a smart notification engine to ensure your passengers are up to date with all new travel requirements and a self-service disruption portal to self-manage any booking change.
- New social distancing rules can be easily met with our MAX mobile apps making customer service transactions safer for your passengers and staff.
Mobile agent check-in or rebooking whilst also maintaining social distance.
Your most significant step forward to the New Normal providing safer and more efficient operations is here right now.
Let’s talk about MAX and take the big leap forward together.
The SimpliFlying Launchpad curates market-ready technologies and matches them with airports and airlines looking for urgent solutions on everything from sensitisation to contact tracing. Our upcoming track on MedTech in Aviation is in October!