Hence, while planning your social engagement strategy for 2013, you need a head-start. The 25 resources presented below, categorized for your easy reference, will give you ample inspiration and information to start swimming from the deep end of the pool itself!
- What your audience expects and what you should be doing to engage them. Or risk falling behind your competition (read here).
- Creating an immersive brand experience for your airline (read here).
- How airlines and aiports can use Pinterest to engage customers through visual cues (read here).
- How COPA Airlines drove 50x ROI via a Facebook app (read here).
Strategy Planning and Research Reports
- Presentation – Driving results from Customer Engagement. The road ahead for airlines on social media (get the presentation here).
- Airline Social Media Outlook 2012-13: Research based on a survey conducted with the 30 most social-savvy airlines on issues such as staffing, budgets and ROI (get the report here).
- Monthly Airline Marketing Benchmark Reports – Produced every month by SimpliFlying in partnership with airlinetrends.com, this report has 15 fresh case-studies covering the most innovative marketing campaigns by airlines across the world (get the latest report here).
- Top 30 Airline Social Media Case-Studies featured on SimpliFlying in 2012 (read here).
- Re-branding Royal Brunei Airlines – the journey behind-the-scenes (read here).
- Ryanair learns the power of social media. Profits dip 29% despite a 600% increase in marketing budget (read here)!
- Local pages and hyper-localization on Facebook (read here).
Social Customer Service
- Q and A – How brands can perform real time customer-service on social media (read here).
- Lessons from customer service in social media (read here).
- Statistics and Charts – How US Airlines are providing customer support on Facebook (read here).
- Two tales of customer experience – AirAsia X vs Kingfisher Airlines (read here).
Crisis Management and Handling Bloopers
- Why Korean Air’s #primitiveenergy campaign angered Africans and how they could have managed the crisis better (read here).
- How Royal Brunei Airlines handled the emergency landing of their plane superbly on social media (read here).
- Southwest Airlines finds out whether a campaign can be too successful for its own good - A cautionary tale for those looking to run competitions (read here).
- A New Era in Airline Loyalty – The Rise of Social Loyalty Programs and Social Advocacy (read here).
- Free eBook – How Airlines Can Drive Loyalty on Social Media (read here).
- Interview – Jonathan Pierce, Director of Social Communications at American Airlines sheds light on how social media drives results for American Airlines (read here).
- Interview – Azran Osma-Rani, CEO of AirAsiaX talks about how the low-cost, long-haul modeal can be made to work in Asia Pacific (read here).
- Podcast – Mary Kirby, Editor-in-Chief of APEX Magazine sheds light on a industry in flux (click here).
- Interview – Heidi Brauer, Kulula’s Marketing Head tells us why Kulula is the world’s funniest airline (read here).
- Interview – Gary Wicks of Boeing shares how Boeing’s commercial airplanes division takes the social media bull by the horns (read here).
- Mango Airlines CEO attributes 50% growth in revenues to social media (read here).
- Airport Social Media Outlook 2012-13: Research based on a survey with over 50 of the most social-savvy airports on issues such as staffing, budgets and ROI (read more).
- Presentation – How Airports can Engage the Connected Traveler (read here).
- A 4-part special series on how Airports are engaging the Connected Traveler in a number of ways – from crowdsourcing to social customer service (read here).
- The Road Ahead for Airports in 2013: Why Real-time customer service and non-aeronautical revenues will be the keys to success (read here).
[Write to us at email@example.com if you wish to learn more about how your airline can profitably engage the Connected Traveler in 2013.]
Latest posts by Shubhodeep Pal (see all)
- [Free Report] The State of Airport Marketing: 7 Key Trends & Case-Studies - June 10, 2013
- The June 2013 Edition of the Airline Marketing Benchmark Report has 15 fresh case-studies from Etihad, Virgin America, Lufthansa & more! - June 7, 2013
- Rick Blatstein, visionary founder of OTG, is the SimpliFlying Hero for May 2013 in recognition of OTG’s innovative work with airports - June 3, 2013